5/24/09

OK, so it's been more than a day...

Sorry guys, I got caught up in life and such. Good news...it's SUMMERTIME!!! OK, maybe not REALLY...but the pools and hottubs opened in my condo complex and the water was BEAUTIFUL...about 80 degree water, maybe more. So I sat in the hottub yesterday and it was FABULOUS.

So after doing some thinkwriting, I've come up with a lot of insight into my weight problem. I've decided that I've given food the distinct label of Happy Maker, and that is NOT a healthy platform to have food on.

So I need to come up with things that MAKE me happy that DON'T involve food. This is hard for me because cooking is one of my favourite hobbies. But this is what I've come up with...

Pottery - there is a pottery place somewhere in Vegas that allows you to throw on a wheel, fire, and paint your own pottery. This is something I REALLY loved doing back in HS, so I'm going to explore this as an option now, too.

Writing - I really love to write, especially off-the-wall funny stories and farce. It helps keep my mind strong, too, so I don't get so bored so easily. Cuz when I'm bored...I eat.

Playing with my dog - pretty self-explanatory, really. I love my dog more than anything else in the world...which is funny because I never thought of myself as an animal person. But now I have a Baxter, and he's my world.

Hanging out with friends - I have the BEST time hanging out with the people in my life I call "friend". That's why summer is so important to me, we get together and hang out in the pool and talk and play games and plan our futures. The main problem with Friend Time is it usually means Food Time, AND can be pretty expensive. But this year we are doing it Potluck Style - which means it's cheaper for the host (me) and we can also do it healthily.

Explore a new part of the city - I live in Vegas, so there's always something to explore out here, mountains around us, hotels on the strip, the old strip (which is also considerably cheaper if I want to blow a little money), other parts of the city, etc. But even when I lived in tiny little Rochester, NY, there was still a lot to explore, and I wish I'd taken advantage of it. Feel stuck in your area? Check out nearby towns, museums, parks, whatever. Just get off the couch/out from in front of the computer/out of bed and do something!

I'm sure there are more things I can list, but I thought I'd start out small. The main point is that I need to find something BESIDES food to be my Happy Maker - and after I attain this, maybe I will start to achieve my goals...AND maybe one of my newfound hobbies will lead me somewhere new!

3 comments:

  1. Yοu need to be a part of a contest for one of thе best
    sites online. I will highly recommend this website!


    Also viѕit my site ... beginner core exercises

    ReplyDelete
  2. І аm ѕurе thіs pіeсe
    of ωriting
    has toucheԁ all thе inteгnet ρeople,
    its reаllу really niсe poѕt on
    building up new
    webpage.

    Μy wеb blog - exercise

    ReplyDelete
  3. An impгessive share! Ι havе just foгwаrdеd
    this ontο a co-workеr whо was dοing а little homewοrk on thіs.
    And he actuаlly ordered me lunch beсause I
    ԁiscovered it for him... lol. So allоw
    mе to rеωоrd this.... Thank YOU for
    the meal!! But yeah, thanκs foг spending the tіme to discuss this matter
    here on yоur site.

    Also visit mу webpаge - gardening

    ReplyDelete

Leave your love, your thoughts, and your stories, people. Just be nice to each other! Lively conversation encouraged!